My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Equestria! Years have past since the Elements of Harmony have saved the world, and now it is time for new ponies to walk these paths.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An unlikely meeting.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

An unlikely meeting. Empty
PostSubject: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:02 am

The sun glimmered high in Equestria's sky above Ponyville, the beacon of hope that it had always been for over 1000 years. To most, a day like this came every week, however for two certain 'ponies' this would be a day that they would never forget.

Next to Ponyville loomed the dark forest of the Everfree, and out of it ranks stepped a cloaked figures, her eyes glowing a bright yellow under her brown hood. All that could be seen was her grey muzzle, just barely sticking out. Carefully, she moved toward Ponyville until she had reached the edge of the town where she stopped. Raising one of hooves, she pulled down the hood, revealing her white and grey mohawk and bright blue eyes.

Zecora had arrived.

The zebra strolled into the town, silence as she made her way to the marketplace, only stopping to greet other ponies when the said hello. Her grey and white body stuck out among the color crowd, but she didn't take much notice. She was an odd sight for anybody new in Ponyville or that went to the Marketplace at the same time, being the only zebra in Equestria that you would see.

As she reached the marketplace, she looked around, trying to find the one thing wanted to buy. Stalls were line up on either side, all grinning when they saw their one-time a month visitor. Her hoof scratched her chin as she moved from stall to stall, muttering words under her breath. "Some herb to buy is all I seek, something strong and something weak."
Back to top Go down
https://roleplayingismagic.rpg-board.net
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Wistle had came down to Ponyville with help from a friend to go to the Market for her mom. She was always nervous about flying. Tucking in her wings neatly, she entered. Looking around stall to stall to hopefully find what her mother needed.

The shy filly repeated the list in her head. Two apples, a strawberry, and some celery. All within the price of 10 bits. A simple list. But when it came to buying, she wasn't very talkative. When she found the stall with apples, she came up and asked with a shy voice, "Can I have 2 apples for four bits?" Wistle's quiet voice had said. The stall-keeper had nodded.

She took out the bits, putting them on the table for the keeper to take. She put her apples in the brown bag her mother had given her to carry it all. But after she had done her shopping, she was surprised to have some bits left. She would want to find some herbal leaves for herself. Her mother never approved of her thing for potions, but the filly did it anyway. As she walked across to the other row of stalls, she accidentally bumped into somepony... "O-Oh, I-I-I am so sorry..." she said, looking up at the... wait... was that.... It was!!! She heard a few ponies talking of a Zebra with an amazing sense for potions.... But her shy face didn't show her excitement.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Zecora was in the middle of paying for some herbs when she felt somebody bump into her, but she was able to keep a hold onto her leaves. She glanced at the young filly with a warm smile as she tucked her leaves away. "Hello, my little filly, it is quite alright. You little misstep has caused no blight." She barely noticed as her words formed an rhyme, so used to speaking like that for most of her life.
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Wistle was thankful that she wasn't in trouble, and she asked, "A-Are you Z-Z-Zecora?" she asked. When she came down to the market with help from her good friend each week, she would always hear ponies talk about someone named Zecora. She figured it must be her.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 pm

The zebra smiled, as she nodded sightly. "Yes, Zecora is my name; but now a question of my own. What is your name, if you don't mind my tone?" she hummed as she gazed at the mostly white filly.
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Wistle's eyes lit up. "W-Wistle," she said. Her tone getting more open. "I have heard you have a thing for potions and herbs..." She commented. Surprised at her open message. 4 bits left... she thought. But another thought etched at the back of her mind. I wonder if I could learn from Zecora.... My mom would never approve, though... But she didn't really care what her mom thought. She would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:47 pm

"Well little Wistle you have heard true, potions and cures are what I brew." Zecora stepped away from the stall so other ponies could get past as she looked at the young filly. "I suspect you have your own interests, perhaps something that somepony detest?"
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Wistle nodded. She decided to try and rhyme like Zecora had been. "I do like to come here and with the bits I find that are left, I buy little things, with my mom thinking I'm a theft. But just so your sure, I'm not the ingredient to that cure." This was kinda fun. "I do like potions, yes you see. That is something that's for me. I don't like flying, not one bit. I'd prefer to stay on the ground, that's where I'd be found."
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Zecora's flickered her ear when she noticed Wistle attempting to speak in rhyme. She grinned, shaking her head with a small laugh. "Speaking is rhymes, are you now? You don't have to do that, I must avow*. I speak in rhyme because it is my place, a duty that I filled for my race." She ended with rhyme with her hoof on her chest, smiling softly at the pegasus filly. "I might have left my home long ago, but my love for healing still shows." She paused as she thought about what to say next. "Blame you mother for her thoughts, I do not; the life of the shaman usually is for naught. Here in this land, our nack for healing is unneeded. Most of my kind don't travel because to the lack of healing they've conceded."

*Avow: to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Wistle nodded. "Say, Zecora? I want to carry on and learn more things to brew. Can I be taught from you?" She didn't mean for that one to rhyme, it just came out that way.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:20 pm

She froze, her eyes fixed on Wistle. No pony had dare ask her that before...well, Pinkie Pie might of when she was going on about how she bet that Zecora knew how to make all kind of tasty food and she wanted to know all of them. She shook the thought away before smiling softly at Wistle. "Learn from me is what you seek? The way to my hut is not for the weak. In the forest of Everfree is where I call home, a safe place to be if you know where to roam."
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:27 pm

The white filly smiled. "Yes I'm shy, that is true. But I am not scared, to inform you." She did like to rhyme, it was fun. She found herself rhyming in every sentence... Well. She could get used to that. "If my rhyming ever bugs you, just give me a little clue." Wistle added, still smiling. I hope it is a yes... I don't want to fail any test. she thought. Jeez, rhyming in her thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:48 pm

"Brave you are, my little filly, but being to brave can be a bit silly. However, I will agree to your request... as long as you do not become a pest. but First talk to your mother, tell her of you desire, but if she says no, then ask til' she tires." Pausing after her verse, Zecora dug though the bags around her waist and bought out five bits and held them out to Wistle. "If you wish to be a herbalist then you must insist, and also be with herbs in case of disturbs."

Occ: Cause this might be a little hard to understand, I thought I would just say here clearly here. Zecora is saying yes, she will train Wistle but she wants her mother to say yes first, and then told her that if her mother say no, just keep on asking until she finally says yes. She is also giving Wistle some money to buy herbs with encase something is wrong.

Rhymes here:
(Just cause some might be hard to see but I want to prove I am still rhyming)
Filly, silly
Request, pest
desire, tires
herbalist, insist
herbs, disturbs
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Wistle took the bits, and gratefully put them in her pouch. "Thank you, Zecora. It's been a pleasure. I'll be at the border to Everfree Forest with my answer." Her reply was strong. She went to a few different stalls, collecting a few herbs. She managed to get quite abit with the bits she had left and the ones Zecora had given her. When she noticed Zecora still there as she got a few herbs, She waved. Oh! How joyful! Her dream would come true! But that answer would soon be told... A new story to unfold.

Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Zecora responded by waving back when Wistle spotted her again. She hadn't left yet because she was amazed at how much spirit the young filly had for somepony so young. Yes, she would be a wonderful apprentice if her mother said yes. "I wish you luck, Wistle on you quest. Hopefully your mother will just say yes." With that, Zecora turned and trotted from the town, wanting to be ready for Wistle when she came to find her.

Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:08 pm

After putting her herbs carefully in a pouch she brought for herself, she trotted off, to take the things her mother requested back and to keep her herbs hidden with her. When she spotted her friend waiting, she flew back to Cloudsdale with her great friend. Soon to return.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely meeting.   An unlikely meeting. Empty

Back to top Go down

An unlikely meeting.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic :: Pre-Reboot :: Pre-Reboot Topics :: Marketplace-
Jump to: