My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Equestria! Years have past since the Elements of Harmony have saved the world, and now it is time for new ponies to walk these paths.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking In

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

Walking In - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:53 pm

She looked at Celestia with respect, but also a slight disbelief. "W-We? No.. Princess, I can't... I mean.. I'll do what I can but..." As much as Tuli wished not to put it all on Celestia, she didn't know how much power she would have. After all, she was just a mere unicorn. For all she knew, Avan had much, much more power. Once more looking down at her hooves, she thought on the chains for some time. "Black and white... Life and death... I don't know... But if they can hold Tamesis back just enough... If we can find who crafted them, what they represent... It could aid in its defeat. Our only option at the time is to gain more knowledge, if it is the path that we're wanting to take." Her magic encased the seemingly dead robe, and even as it drained her just simply from its touch, she got it over to the brown stallion resting upon the floor. Redoing the clasp, a somewhat relived sigh came from Tuli as it sprang back to life, the robe emitting its soft glow. Tuli's own robe seemed to to the same, but all the while she did feel drained. "I will find out what I can though, Celestia. If you need to return to the palace, you can. It will be long before he awakes... I just don't know if I can handle this Tamesis if it unleashes while I'm alone with him."
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Celestia sighed softly as she stared at the downed form of Avan as Tuli put the clasp on, shaking her head. "I should return to Canterlot...Luna is unaware I left, and with Avan in such a position... I believe that Luna should not be told that he is back. But please, if you learn anything new or require anything, feel free to send a letter to me and I shall help in any way that I can...But also be careful around Avan. I do not think he wants to hurt you, but this...Tamesis, who knows what he will do." Her horn started to glow as she looked at Tuli. "But please, be careful. You were not meant to be pulled into the middle of this all..." And with that, a golden glow filled the room, and she was gone. Only Tuli and Avan remained in the room.
Back to top Go down
https://roleplayingismagic.rpg-board.net
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Tuli's head dipped to the princess. "I will..." After the golden light had vanished, Tuli realized how tired she truly was. Moving closer to the brown stallion, she used what strength she had to bring a pillow over for him. As much as she would have taken him to his bed, Avan's cloak had just about zapped everything out of her. Of course, it was a stupid move, but the magic that it had seemed to do something and keep him safe. Nuzzling his sleeping figure, her horn lit to see the chains once more. "If it's a force that's crafted these chains, grant me the wisdom and light to help reform this mindset of my love, this Tamesis. Hear my prayers so I can bring the stallion I grew to love back." She whispered as the light of her magic grew dimmer, her muzzle burried partially beneath Avan as she fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Pain...Despair...Anger...

Avan's eyes flickered open as he tried to recall what had happened. He became aware of his cloak wrapping around him...Weird, he could of swore he had taken it off. And there was the pillow beneath his head. He shifted slightly, but then became aware of Tuli sleeping next to him. He narrowed his eyes, wondering why they were both on the floor until the memories came flooding back to him. His eyes widen as he skirted backwards, only to run into the couch. Pain flashed though his back, as he stared at Tuli with fearful eyes.

Why was so close? He had almost tried to kill her! Perhaps she wasn't aware thanks to Celestia stopping that spell...But...Tuli had been right. Everything was his fault. He had become a monster...He could barely control it, and he was a threat to everypony around him. Tuli had picked the wrong ally...And Avan couldn't stand the idea of her getting hurt, much less him being the one to hurt her...Perhaps if he left, she would be safe. But he didn't dare move, knowing that Tuli would be waking up from that sudden movement.
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Tuli'd been filled with a dream of her own, unlike Avan for all she knew, but for the least of it her body had stayed frozen. Her mind had recreated the events of what had happened not long ago... But instead it had ended in a way she wouldn't want. Tuli and Celestia had been given no choice, but they had been forced to remove Avan as a threat. The pain that she had felt from doing so... But all of a sudden, it was gone. Her head was quick to rise as she looked over at Avan, the fear within her eyes just about instantly fading. It took her a moment to figure out where she was, but when it all registered properly she relaxed. "Celestia... convinced me to stay." Tuli explained, having to think on her words for a moment. "She told me of... It..." The words were seemingly choked from her, and Tuli rose to her hooves. Still being a little shaky, Tuli sighed. "I want to know why... Why you tried to kill yourself with that spell..." How much Celestia had truly told her was probably what Avan was questioning. In time he'd figure out, but she wanted to start if she were to play a hoof in resolving Tamesis.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:40 pm

"Kill...Myself?" a confused look spread across Avan's face as he stared at Tuli, but it hit him, only for his face seemed to grow even more confused. "I think I know what you mean...But you got it wrong, Tuli. That..." he swallowed softly. "I did not use a spell to kill me. The magic itself would have..." His head dipped slightly as his ears folded back, his voice barely a whisper. "I tapped into the darkest of all magics, that unlike the one that Sombra used, it would drain the life of who used it. Not even an Alicorn should of survived casting a few spells...I tried to use the magic to free Luna from her prison on the moon. It failed...And I decided that Celestia had indeed truly destroyed Luna like we thought Sombra was destroyed as well so I grew even more anger at her. In all, I was lucky that I manged to redirect that life-draining part onto the plants around me...Or perhaps I was unlucky given what I did after that..."
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 6:03 pm

A sigh escaped the mare as she shook her head. "I do see your point. Much as I can see Celestias, and I now understand why she locked away Luna in the moon. It wasn't Celestia that had destroyed Luna, she may have played a hoof in it, but it was the loss of Sombra. Luna lost the pony she cherished, and to her own devices. But she did it because she knew it would be the best for the people. A mare would never do such a thing like that without reason. I see it as that Celestia cast away Luna out of panic, because she was outmatched. Celestia wanted to protect the people, but I also see why you were so upset in her doing so. I know that you loved Luna... I can see how you would be hurt. But this monster is destroying you, Avan. I feel that by blocking your feelings, and trying to just block out your past instead of trying to mend it, you've allowed this monster, Tamesis, to grow. It's how I see it, I know I may be wrong, but it is. Tamesis is going to end up breaking you beyond mend... But from what Celestia has told me and what I've seen... I'm somewhat afraid that you've already lost to it." Tuli told him, there wasn't much else for her to say. What had she truly been applying? That she was afraid of Avan? That was somewhat of a yes... But there was more to it. She was telling him that she wouldn't be able to fight back, but that she would try. "Celestia has seemed to forgive you... Even if you can't forgive yourself entirely, will you try?"

ooc; Here, I'd say Tamesis can start returning, but it may be a bit too soon.. I was just saying he could taking advantage of the fact that Avan is at a weak point.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 6:18 pm

"How can I forgive myself when I have blood on my hooves?" Avan whispered softly, shaking his head. "I don't know what you think this...This Tamesis is...But he is me. He is whatever I was when my mind became corrupted...He is what I should be but I don't know why I am not...I listened to that whisper in my head and that led to me turning into this monster?" His voice grew silent for a few seconds. "I am just like Sombra...I fell into dark magic and became corrupt, but I just figure out why I was free from my corrupted mind..."

Last edited by Novel Shine on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 6:31 pm

Tuli was about to have a breakdown. She just wanted it to stop, but in turn she ended up looking down, almost defeated. "There are chains that hold Tamesis back... Even if it is you, I refuse to believe it. I want to know what they are, who placed them... Why they work.. I want to help, Avan... But I wish not to have it be to where it comes down to the fate of Luna's. I have pushed you enough..." She watched him with a studyful eye, her horn glowing as she scribbled down a few things from beneath her cloak. Lucking, it covered her enough to where it was hidden from his view. But at the same time, the bow around her ear was undone. The ribbon unfolding, it was then placed to hold back her mane. Seeing as it was getting in the way... But it was still upon her. "If you want me to leave, then say something now...." She whispered the words, the light of her horn cutting off. As much as the realization she had made changed her mind, she felt that if Avan wanted her to go it'd be best. For all she knew, Tamesis could be unleashed at ay time.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 6:44 pm

"Chains..." He muttered softly at the idea, musing over it but he lost that train of thought when Tuli spoke once more, his ears perked as he quickly shook his head. "No! I don't want you to leave! I don't...I don't want to be alone again, but I fear what would happen if you stayed...Perhaps..." Something dawned in his eyes as his horn lit up, casting a warm glow over Tuli before it disappeared. A protection spell...Avan had grown good at using those, and that one should protect Tuli from all harm for a while. Just in case...

But the chains. He frowned softly as he tried to think about them. Black and white...Black and white. He could picture them, recalling them from his nightmare...Binding him. Wait...Black and white? His eyes widen for a second. "Oh..." he whispered softly, before he muttered something in his own tongue. "Of course...Balance. Balance between life and death, between the light and the dark...Happiness, and sorrow..." he spoke those words as he faintly recalled them in a soft voice, before he shook his head. "I did forget...I am so sorry..."

His ears flickered back as pain flashed though is head for a few seconds, causing him to grit his teeth. It seemed that Tamesis was attempting to slip out of the chains once more. He shook his head, taking a few steps back as he attempted to fight back until the pain disappeared, and his head seemed clear. Ah...Of course. His corrupted side was no fool. What was the point of escaping when a Tuli covered with a protection spell was with him? No...The chains would remain there until the protection spell wore off mostly likely. He shook his head, letting out a soft sigh. He was safe for now...He hoped.
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Tuli looked down partially at him wanting her to stay, a hoof running along the ground. "B-But if it comes down to it I don't w-" She was cut off when she was enveloped with Avan's magic, and afterwards it seemed as if there was an invisible barrier around her. Of course! The spell'd only last so long, but for the least of it... It would work, right?

Copying what Princess Celestia had done to show Tuli herself the chains, the silver-blue hue combinded with the sunlight made the room feel rather bright. But they were there all right, and now that she had more strength she could inspect them better. "I want to know who made these... D-Do you know, Avan?" She looked at him curiously, listening to what he had to say. Balance? What did he mean? What was he apologizing for? As the questions filled her mind, she decided it would be best to only go this far... Because it truly was a key factor in reforming Tamesis, because if it could hold it back?

A flash of sympathy and fear were apparent in Tuli's eyes when she saw Avan suddenly seem to retaliate. She didn't know what she could do... Would going to Twilight help? Or, even Cadence? The questions filled her mind as she thought about seeking advide from either of the two, she wished not to bother Celestia more then need be, and seeing as Luna was a pony that she didn't truly know, it seemed those two ponies were her only option. Twilight roamed the halls of the palace in Canterlot, and Cadence ruled over the Empire. Either way, a trip would be required to be taken.

Once Avan seemed to be back in a stable state, she walked up to him and nuzzled his ear worriedly. "Are you okay?"

ooc; so I ended up falling asleep and having a dream that I posted in here... But I didn't actually post. I think, I can be awarded a face-hoof.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:27 pm

His ear flickered under Tuli's soft touch, but he didn't pull away as he looked at her. "I'm fine...Just a bit of a headache. I think this...Tamesis, isn't going to appear for a while. No reason to do so when you are protected and I can still fight him..." He shook his head, before looking at her as a faint blush came across his face as he recalled her previous question. "And...I think I have an idea of who put the chains on me, but I have no idea how to contact her...I...I haven't seen her in almost a thousand and five hundred years..." How would he made contact with his mother? He was unsure how she even put the chains on him in the first place! He glanced down at his body to see the white and black chains glimmering across his body, and they all the sudden seemed to weigh him down, but he pushed it away. No...He was sure his mother had put them on her, and she had saved him. But he knew also that they were breaking. All magic would suffer the effects of time, and these chains were no different. It wasn't that Tamesis was getting stronger like Tuli had said...No, he simply knew that the chains were growing weaker.

He wanted to stop his hoof in annoyance. What would he to do? The only family member he could think of any way to get in contact with was...No, he wasn't going that far. At least not yet. Besides, the two of them had never been on the best of terms. Having to talk to him would be a last resort. He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves. Tuli being close by him helped him, he knew that deep down that if she wasn't supporting him...If Celestia hadn't told her whatever she did, that he could easily fall enough into despair that Tamesis could take over. If he had Tuli...He knew he could keep fighting on until he could give it no more. While these black and white chains grew weaker, he would pray that the chains of how much he cared for Tuli would hold back his corrupted mind ever so more. While he would have never thought it possible a few moments before, he felt that with Tuli by his side, perhaps they could destroy the dark magic that was lurking in his mind. Together...They would do it. He just knew it.
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Nodding, Avan's words still didn't wipe the worried look from her face. The whole idea of Tamesis was bothering her, a lot. Her gaze seemed to drift downwards as she thought, not knowing what she could truly do to help. Her hoof traced desigsns uneasily in the carpet beneath them, and she had an idea. "Princess Twilight taught me a communication spell that can travel just about anywhere... I know that the farther away it goes though, the harder it is to have it go through clearly..." Speaking of which... She needed to send a letter to the Princess at some point about what she knew. But that could wait... At least until things were at a stable point.

Her thoughts couldn't help but travel away to how she would be able to resolve the situation at hand. Tuli realized, that she'd have to stay up and do her best trying to figure out magic... if it came down to it... that would help combat against Tamesis, and she'd have to act while Avan's protection spell was still up. Dark magic, the opposite is light. Kindness, to chaos... All of it ends with some form of joy... Tamesis represents the opposite... Of course, that part was obvious... For all she knew. If only she could study more upon the magic that Avan had used... No. That would be pushing it, too much. It obviously caused Avan guilt, and so she didn't want to hurt him by trying to put a solution to it. "Avan... How long have those chains been there?"
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Avan had been lost in his own train of thought after Tuli had mentioned the spell. Would it work? His kingdom was oh, so far away...It had taken him months to fly to Equestria, and would the spell cover such a long distance? He doubt it, but it would be worth a shot. But still, how did his mother manged to put the spell on him? Did she have an ability like his father, being able to exist in more places like once...Well, he had his shades at least, which wasn't really him 'existing.' Gah...

"Avan...How long have those chains been there?"

Huh? He was snapped back to reality when Tuli asked, causing him to look at her with a confused look, before he frowned and shrugged. "I...I do not know. I hadn't even really known about them until I fainted when Celestia was here. If I had to guess...A thousand and ten years or so. They most likely appeared before I almost killed Celestia." His voice was calm and almost cold as he went on about it, his eyes flashing a bit darkly. "I don't recall much of that moment, in fact I barely remember the fighting her at all. I simply recall waking up, seeing the chaos...And I teleported right away in sheer fright when I realized I had done it all." He grew silent, before trying to try to come up with how the chains got there. "Perhaps she had known that something like this would happen and put the spell before I had left home?" he paused for a second, letting out a soft, but sad chuckle. "She always did seem to know best..."
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Tuli was puzzled. Who was this 'she' that Avan kept mentioning? He had never told her who it actuall was... That made her ponder. Could it have been Luna? Or a family member? She didn't know. Thinking on it more, it couldn't have been Luna... Nightmare Moon had been banished before Avan had become this, from what she knew. Deciding to place it in the back of her mind for now, she continued to think on how she would be able to defeat Tamesis. Because after all, she didn't know when the protection spell would break... And if it lashed out before Tuli could summon help? The only result Tuli could think of that was trouble. "Oh, alright."

Her horn lit up once more, a hoof extending to try and in a sense, grab one of the lengths of chain. Sadly, she couldn't... It seemed as if ther were just a mist. Fog, practically nonexistant. So instead she leaned in closer, and as odd as it looked, she had her reason. It seemed like something was enbedded within each link of chain, symbols... It made her wonder. "Avan, there's something inscribed on these chains..." Tuli had no idea what they meant... As much as her mind thought and thought, she had no luck to it.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Avan almost wanted to stumble back when he saw Tuli's horn light up and she reached for the chain, but watched as her hoof went though it. He could of told her that they weren't real; in fact he felt they served really no purpose other than for being a symbol. Of course, they could become real he supposed as he still could feel the cuts that they had given him what seemed like a few hours ago...Had it? He had no idea how long Tuli and him had slept.

His ears flickered when she mentioned the inscribed on the chains. He glanced down at them, easily recognizing the language as his own. He almost wanted to ask how Tuli hadn't understood them as she was easily speaking the language, before he recalled that she only sounded that way to him. He had his tongue spell on for so many years, he had even forgotten that it existed. He heard her in his common tongue, and she heard his in hers. He even dimly noted that if his spell was ever to fail, he would have trouble. Even words that he read on paper looked as his own language. This was why he never bothered to write letters to Tuli; she would understand a lick of it.

"I understand it," he finally stated, deciding not to explain how he understood it. Then again, even if it was in a different language, his spell would allow him to him to understand it as long as it was real. His magic was pretty great like that. He lifted a hoof, staring at the chains that bound it as he tried to make out the words. Sure, he knew his tongue, but reading it upside down was another thing and was rather hard to do but he slowly got a hold of it. He attempted to read the other chains, but soon found out it really just repeated itself...However, what was written almost made him want to cry as he lowered his head and let out a soft, sad sigh once more. He didn't speak anything for a few moments as he shook silently, holding back his tears until he finally found the words to repeat what was written on them. "'A mother's love no knows bound, no matter how far their child falls...A simple saying to remind you my son, that love conquers all.'" He let out a soft chuckle as he shook his head, refusing to raise his head. "She always did love to give me little sayings to make sure I remembered things..."
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:40 pm

She stared in astonishment at the chains, her mind figuring out what each symbol meant in Equestrian. Of course, she wouldn't question how Avan could read it so well... He was an Alicorn, perhaps it could've been the language from the past? Shaking the thought from her mind, after she'd gotten her share of knowledge, her horn continued to glow. She leaned away from the chains wrapped around him, and upstairs she had been quick to begin a letter to the princess.

Celestia,
I found out a few things, most importantly about the chains.
There was something inscribed upon them, in another language.
With Avan's help, the translation gave me the information about who crafted them.
The pony who made the chains was his mother... On them this is what it said;
'A mother's love no knows bound, no matter how far their child falls...
A simple saying to remind you my son, that love conquers all.'
If it was love that is able to hold back Tamesis,
perhaps that is the key to uncorrupting this side of Avan?
Sincerely, Tuli

Once it had been finished and sent off, the illumination from Tuli's horn cut off. "Love..." The word was repeated by Tuli as her mind was quick to work. If love was able to hold it back, was that the answer? She had only been a young foal when the wedding between Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor had taken place, but she had been there none the less. The events of that wedding was something to be held, and she made a connection from what she had remembered. Princess Cadence's love had reformed Shining Armor from the Changeling's spell... Then, she had an idea. Princess Cadence would be her best choice to go to for help, wouldn't it? She was the princess of love, after all. It made so much sense to her suddenly...
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:53 pm

Avan shook his head as the chains once again disappeared from view before he pushed past Tuli and headed toward the stairs. "I'm done talking about this today. Today has been much to hectic...Perhaps if I get alone time, I can recall something that will help. But until then, I just need time to myself..." He disappeared up the stairs after that, going into his room and shutting the door behind him. And locked it. He had finally figured out how to do that.

Upstairs in Tuli's room, a small flash of yellow light appeared on her bed and behind it left a letter. (Celestia was known for fast responses in dire times). Bearing the royal mark, it was written in neat hoof writing.

Tuli,
While it is grand that we now know who crafted the chains, it doesn't help much I fear.
All the time that Avan stayed with us, although it was only a short forty years or so
never once did he speak of his family or where he came from.
Perhaps Avan knows how to get in contact with them, perhaps not.
But the information about love is handy.
I am sure you know all about Princess Cadance, the Alicorn of Love.
If you so wish, I can arrange time for you to speak to her as perhaps she can help.
I can even get you escorted to the Crystal Empire as I doubt she would have time to come here.
Sincerely, Princess Celestia.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking In   Walking In - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking In
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic :: Ponyville :: Houses-
Jump to: