My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Equestria! Years have past since the Elements of Harmony have saved the world, and now it is time for new ponies to walk these paths.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! Empty
PostSubject: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:21 pm

So I've had an idea for a certain Sitewide plot that will involve almost everybody to an degree...well, that is if you have a char under the age of 15. This has been one I've had ever since I came up with the site and...yea. What is it you ask? Well; I'll give you the name for the overall plot I've come up with: Novi Aetas, A.k.A New Age. What happens in it? Well, here is the main idea for it:

In the middle of the night a dark purple mist settles over Ponyville, sending all ponies awake into a deep sleep. However, when everypony wakes up they find a strange surprise…They’ve become younger or older! Fully grown ponies having become fillies and fillies have become fully grown. Ponyville is in chaos; nopony knows what happened or what could be strong enough to cast a spell this strong. It is up for the now fully-grown ponies to find a way to stop this before the spell started to affect the rest of Equestia or something even worse happens...

Yup, everypony changes ages. Ponies older then 15 would become filles, ponies younger then 15 would grow up. Avan wouldn't be effected of course (See below at Random Questions to see why) but everypony else would. The spell itself would only effect the ponies, not being limit to the spot; meaning that if they left Ponyville they would still keep their changed ages. It would only effect up to the borders of the Everfree so Zecora and Wistle would be fine, and so would everypony in Canterlot, but Fluttershy and those living at her house would still be effected by the spell.

What is causing this spell? Why is he/her only targeting Ponyville? Well the effects of the spell start to spread? I have no idea, still have no idea...and yes, the effects will start to spread after a certain amount of time I am sure. I'm planning to plot out what happens and I've already shared this idea with Kitty. I'm hoping that maybe one day we can do this plot but until then I have a lot of planning to do. I have an idea for where they would head but where they final spot would be...Well, that is a very good question and it would maybe even involve throwing in some more Rp places just for the plot...

I would love anybody's input on this grand plot idea, and I am really hoping that with a plot like this we can get everybody in on it! I would also love to answer questions you might have; so I can fix random things and also come up with things that may deal with the question if I don't have an answer!

Random questions you might ask:

Q. Why isn't Avan effected? Is it because he is an Alicorn? Does that mean that Melody and Winter wouldn't be effected as well?
A. It is because he is an Alicorn, but Melody and Winter would still be effected. Why? Because Avan is a pure-blooded Alicorn. By that I mean he himself was born an Alicorn, by parents that were born as Alicorns, and their parents were born as Alicorns, and so on and so forth. I believe Winter was given her powers by Celestia much like Twilight was. Melody might have been born an Alicorn but her mother, Cadance, wasn't. In one of the comic books Cadance told Twilight how she became a princess; but showing the traits to become a princess and thus was given an horn which made her an Alicorn. (Yes, fun fact, Cadance was indeed a pegasus before she was a princess). Also; I figured if anypony can switch the effects of the spell it would be Avan (even thought I guess Melody could do it but she isn't good with her magic and even if she was fully grown she isn't used to it so Avan would have much better control)

Edit: Winter is also not effected now that we talked over it; as she has enough Alicorn blood in her to stop the effects.

Q. What about Chocolate Explosion? He is in the form of a pegasus but he was an immortal Alicorn at some point!
A. Well, he is in the form of a pegasus so I figured that he would also be effected by the spell but I believe it is up to Icee. Weather the present of Sol's spirit will stop the pegasus from effected the spell is up to her. It would be a great plot point for him if he didn't change because he would want to find out why!

Q. Are the Changelings effected?
A. Yes, of course they are! They aren't immortal, but only their true form would be effected of course. They would have to change their ponies forms to look like adults to fit in with the group if they wish to go.

Q. If you grow up do you gain your cutie mark? Also, if you become younger will you lose your cutie mark?
A. If you grow up, of course you wouldn't gain your cutie mark! It doesn't come with age, it comes with knowing your place in the world. But if you become younger...It is all up to you wither you lose it or not. I don't see why you would have to; you would already know your place but if you think it would be funny...I know that Burning Ash is going to lose her cutie mark during the time because she got it when she was about 15-ish (yes, she got it really, really late) while Novel is going to keep hers because she got it around the age of 10 so...yea.

Edit: I'm changing it that now even if you have become younger; you do not lose your cutie mark as my dear friend Icee pointed out; it comes with knowing your place and so even if you are younger; you still know your place and thus it would stay.

Annnnd...Those are all the questions I can randomly come up with off the top of my head! Who would be effected and such...Oh, and yes, even Non-Ponies are effected. Pony Fairies, Griffins, Diamond Dogs, you name it. Animals may or may not be effected; I'm not really sure about that because it wouldn't really do anything to the plot...

Last edited by Novel Shine on Wed May 15, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://roleplayingismagic.rpg-board.net
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:38 pm

HOW DID YOU NOT TELL ME OF THIS?!? /shot

No, I've been the only one knowing about this.

Yet; Can Melody and Avan team-up to help? I mean, both of their magic would need to be used. Also; could we work in the Elements of Life thing with this? It WOULD be cool. Wouldn't you agree?

Also; I will have a character, Nighttime Frost, who is in heavy-armor all of the time, guarding Winter Dream. Would it effect him, even if he is still in his over-protective armor?
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:04 pm

I doubt we could work the Elements of Life in here seeing how the villain wants to take over Equestia and the fact that this plot is only for those younger then 15 or not effected ponies. Also so far I have them traveling far, far away from Ponyville and even past Canterlot so I don't see how the Elements of Life would be effected.

Sure, Melody and Avan could team-up to help. Avan could even teach her a bit of Alicorn magic during the trip so that she would be good enough at it to help stop the spell.

I'm afraid it would mostly effect Nighttime Frost. I doubt his armor has any magic protection and if it does; none for magic of this kind of degree. Age changing magic is one of the hardest kinds of magic so whatever it casting the spell could most likely get past his magic protection. Also, seeing how Winter Dream is over 15, she would be turned into a filly and so would he guard so I doubt that she would go with the group and thus, Nighttime wouldn't go with them.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse
NOpe

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:38 pm

This seems fun~ Just to tell you though, Winter is pretty much a pure-blooded Alicorn, which is why she grows up to have the flowy mane. Still, if you want, Winter could go revert back to being a filly.

I remember you talking about this idea before on the Cbox. Seems like a great idea, btw.

Just a question;

Would we do this idea first or Elements of Life first?

I was thinking we could have this idea some how linked to the Elements of Life, but it's still a WiP.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Hm...I doubt we would need three alicorns but if you think she should tag along...Also it looks like we would have a pretty big group going without her if every now-grown up person went.

For your question..,It really depends. I've been working on a very longish outline of things that could happen. This is one that could happen almost any time and this is more player biased then the Element of Life having very few NPCs other then for monsters and some that would appear for a second to help led them around (Other then for one who would maybe appear late in the plot and maybe tag along with them). Also, with some of the main ponies now fillies, including the three Elements that live in Ponyville, there is no way for them to face against the evil ponies and the current plans I have has them traveling far from Canterlot.

Now for a question of my own; how is Winter mostly Alicorn? Wasn't she given the 'form' of an Alicorn by Celestia?

Oh, I am also taking ideas for the villain but I have my own idea in store.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse
NOpe

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Novel Shine wrote:
Hm...I doubt we would need three alicorns but if you think she should tag along...Also it looks like we would have a pretty big group going without her if every now-grown up person went.

How many? I know for sure that Melody, Avan, and Sugar would be going...

Novel Shine wrote:
For your question..,It really depends. I've been working on a very longish outline of things that could happen. This is one that could happen almost any time and this is more player biased then the Element of Life having very few NPCs other then for monsters and some that would appear for a second to help led them around (Other then for one who would maybe appear late in the plot and maybe tag along with them). Also, with some of the main ponies now fillies, including the three Elements that live in Ponyville, there is no way for them to face against the evil ponies and the current plans I have has them traveling far from Canterlot.

Oh, I see. That's a good explanation. Thanks for that~

Novel Shine wrote:
Now for a question of my own; how is Winter mostly Alicorn? Wasn't she given the 'form' of an Alicorn by Celestia?

Oh, I am also taking ideas for the villain but I have my own idea in store.

I forgot to say? When I wrote "royal" ponies in her history, I probably should have written alicorn. It was a bit of an accident. Her Alicorn form was from pure-blood, not by Celestia.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Hm...Eh, whatever. I guess I didn't really get that part cause when you said Royaly I thought unicorns. I like to believe that Unicorns were the only Royality before Celestia and Luna took reign.

For poines going we got Starlight Orichid, Avan, Melody, Levi, Chrysos, the other Changeling, Lunar, Wistle maybe, Link (Mink) and a few more that I can't think of fr the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:40 pm

It's Crilypt. xD I have my signature up zer.

Also; I think that would be a fair amount of people, honestly.

But so and so, I had drawn a villain for the plot

Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! Sl7j34

There he is. This is my first shot at digital. xD
Back to top Go down
Icee
NOpe
Icee

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Novel Shine wrote:
Q. What about Chocolate Explosion? He is in the form of a pegasus but he was an immortal Alicorn at some point!
A. Well, he is in the form of a pegasus so I figured that he would also be effected by the spell but I believe it is up to Icee. Weather the present of Sol's spirit will stop the pegasus from effected the spell is up to her. It would be a great plot point for him if he didn't change because he would want to find out why!

Good. You answered my question.
I would think, as it is an age spell, it technically messes with your body (which would mean Coco would be changed as well), but if Alicorns are immune to this, then it seems like he would not change.
I mean, Coco's just a shell. There are always more.

This is an interesting plot though.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:57 pm

The spell mostly effects the body by taking how old the body is and changing it; giving the effect of changed ages. However, Alicorns have ageless bodies and so in real meaning age has no meaning to them because they stop growing at a certain age. Choclate has a body of a normal Pegasus but if the spell effects him could be up to Sol. Not only are Alicorns ageless but they are also they have a very strong will. Magic doesn't effect them like normal ponies most of the time so I figure if Sol is 'awake' enough in Choclate when the spell takes place, he would maybe be able to defend Choclate's body somehow from letting the spell change his age. My idea of the villain doesn't know of Alicorns really so I figure his spell wouldn't be ready for the pure-will of an Alicorn so Sol could easily defend Choclate. Can't believe I just wrote this whole thing in my phone.
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Sorry for the double post but I want to put down my idea for the villain and see what you guy think:

Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKkfRA7O_HrzkDa-TlMuGqZyUb--eLIGWN1s_cd0G1gFI6jopE
(Picture not made by me)

Meet Grogar.

'Grogar is an evil Demon Ram Necromancer and the leader of Tambelon, who once ruled Ponyland with an iron fist 500 years ago before he was defeated when the ancient bell was rung, banishing him and the city to the Shadow World. He then returned to Ponyland 500 years later, capturing all the Unicorn Ponies one by one and plans to capture everyone in Dream Valley to be banished to the Shadow World. Grogar's powers come from the bells on his neck, and he has superior magic skills even far beyond any Unicorn Pony that ever existed. He was later banished again when the ancient bell was rung for a second time.'
~ From the Villains Wiki

He is a real villain from the old Gen. of MLP. I figured that the best villain would be a real villain. After over perhaps 2000 more years after he had been banished for the second time he is freed again. His hears whispers about the Element of Harmony and how they could maybe subdue him long enough for them to ring the bell; which had been lost in the 2000 years that he had been trapped. With his powerful magic and the knowledge that the Elements lived in Ponyville (Which is very outdated but he had awoken far from Canterlot and Ponyville) where he attempts to cast a spell over Ponyville so that the Elements won't be able to subdue him; which would be the age spell. Of course he has no knowledge of Alicorns because they were unknown in his time of ruling, so the spells don't effect the fully blooded Alicorns and Chocolate. Avan or perhaps even Lunar are able to track where his magic is coming from; which will help lead them to where he is found. While they don't have the Elements they still will be able to distract him long enough for somepony(s) to find the bell (which most likely Grogar would be guarding because he had found it in the time it had taken for the group to get to him) and ring it and lock him away; which would let Winter, Avan, and Melody reverse the spell as Grogar is no longer there to channel the spell. And...Er, yea....So, what do you guys think of this?
Back to top Go down
Icee
NOpe
Icee

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:48 pm

I really like it. It's well developed.

This might also give us a chance to reveal Sol. Since alicorns are immune to it, Luna, Celestia and all them would know something's up with Coco.
Back to top Go down
Tuli
NOpe
Tuli

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Oh yes it would, dear Icee.

This is a job for the Lunar Republic. *shades*
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Yay! So it does look like this plot is going to happen! However; I am planning to wait awhile before it comes into effect. I want everypony to be ready for the plot. When you believe your chars are all at a stable place for the plot; you can PM me. I'm currently working on what is going to happen. Also; if you want a certain plot involving a Char or two you can also PM me. Oh; I might also want to add the list of who is going to be going and what I know certain ponies are doing in the plot.

Ponies that are currently on the list to go: Melody, Avan, Lunar Eclipse, Starlight Orchid, Winter Dream, Chyrsos, Nighttime Frost,  Mintcoin.  

We pretty much made a two-pony limit for everbody but we are letting Orchid slide as she isn't going to be doing much in the plot and the fact that she is only the size of a humming bird so they won't even know she is there most of the time.

What other ponies are doing/why they are going:

Going:

Avan: Avan is going to be leading the group; he is the wisest pony and he is also the best magic user in the group and was also the oldest pony not to be effected by the spell.

Melody: Melody is tagging along because she is now a grown-up Alicorn, so she feels like she will be able to help Avan.

Lunar: Lunar is going because she was able to detect where the spell was cast, therefore detecting the hints of magic that have come around.

Orchid: Orchid is mostly likely only going because she is tagging along with Avan.

Dream: Dream's going because she feels that this enemy is too dangerous for just Melody and Avan to come along, causing her to come along to defeat the enemy.

Chrysos: Chrysos was finally getting settled into his new life and he doesn't want everything to change so suddenly. He is going so that he will have the adult Fluttershy back; also he doesn't want to be grown up because then he feels like he might have to act like the Prince he really is.

Frost: While Frost is now a colt; he is tagging along because he is still the guard of Winter Dream and is planning to protect her even though he can't really do much.

Mintcoin: The only reason I know Mintcoin is going is because he doesn't like change and wants everything to go back to normal.

(Admins: Feel free to add/edit the reasons why your ponies are going)

Staying:

Coco: Coco is taking it upon himself to keep an eye on most of the now fillies as they can't really do much. But mostly it is to keep an eye on Novel.

Crilypt: Somepony needs to take care of Fluttershy's animals and I doubt that Chrysos would let her go anyways in fear of her getting hurt.

Otia: Otia is staying behide to keep an eye on the Library while Lunar and Dream are on the trip.

Levi: Levi is staying behide to keep an eye on the Library and also to keep an eye on Novel; as he sees her almost like an adopted mother as she let him stay with her because he had no place to go.

All other ponies are most likely fillies are so are just being to be hanging around.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse
NOpe

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:31 pm

This is very well planned Novel. <3

Since I'm only a mod, I can't edit anything for my character reasons. cx

Anyway, I love your idea and I hope we can have this happen soon!
Back to top Go down
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Locking this Topic due to the plot being started. If you have any questions; feel free to PM me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!   Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey, look, an idea for a Sitewide plot!
Page 1 of 1