My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Equestria! Years have past since the Elements of Harmony have saved the world, and now it is time for new ponies to walk these paths.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New Tale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

A New Tale Empty
PostSubject: A New Tale   A New Tale EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Hello~ I was bored and I came up with a story idea so I figured I would write it and throw it in here. However; I am not going to be doing the throw the whole story in a single post thing and will be instead updating it by making each chapter a post. If things go well; I may even end up throwing this story on DA or something; it all really depends and how it goes. You can put your comments and questions here: https://roleplayingismagic.rpg-board.net/t89-a-new-tale-comments

Prologue

A soft glow fell across the room; coming from one single source, the tip of a horn. A tall grey stallion named Magic Charm narrowed his eyes as he focused on the small cat infront of him. The cat was his family pet of course who they called Mister; a grey tabby with black markings. He was hiding in the basement of the house; his wife disliking it when he used magic around their daughter. Blah; what was going to go wrong? He hated that his wife banned magic around their young filly; but it was going to follow it.

That was at least the simple choice of why he was hiding. The other reason was that their young daughter Cathy would be upset if she knew that he was causing magic on her beloved cat. Magic Charm never understood how Cathy got along so well with Mister; perhaps it was because she was an earth pony. He scoffed as he thought about how his family had been disappointed that he had married a earth pony. It wasn't like he cared what his family thought; he loved his wife with all of his heart.

As his mind started to wander; the magic that danced on the tip of his horn died down. An earth pony; ones that don't use magic in pretty much anyway...He wasn't sure why he had done that seeing how magic was his life; his cutie mark even! It was just love; wasn't it? The simple answer and why he had throw pretty much everything away. Love. 

He paused as he turned his gaze back onto Mister; who was still sound asleep in his cat bed. Right; he shouldn't be losing focus, he was going to try out this spell. His horn started to glow brighter as he charged up the spell he had been working on; one that he couldn't stop charging unless he casted it. He was going to have made a new spell if this worked...

The door behide him slammed open; causing Magic Charm to jump. He gritted his teeth; trying to focus as he waited for his wife to start chewing him out but when a soft voice cry out; his eyes widen with shock and fear. "Daddy! What are you doing with Mister? Stop using magic on him!" 

Magic whipped his head around to find a soft brown filly standing at the top of the stairs; her grey mane messy as she stared on with wide blue eyes. "Cathy! Don't disturb daddy when he is in the middle of work; I've already told you that!" he said; trying to keep his tone flat while he was shaking. Please Celestia, don't let her go near Mister...Don't let her get between this spell.

Cathy stomped her hoof; her eyes wide as she let out a small whine. "But you are gonna hurt, Mister! Mommy said that you aren't allow to use magic, so stop it, daddy!" The brown filly started to hurry down the stairs; and toward the sleeping cat. She didn't mind her father's cries for her to stop as his magic continued to charge. Once Cathy reached Mister; she scooped up the grey tabby in her hooves before hugging him.

Magic let out a whine, his horn continued to glow brighter and brighter as he watched his daughter play with Mister before closing his eyes and letting out a sigh as he released his magic. Celestia forgive me for whatever this spell does to my beloved Cathy. Finally the room was basked in a blinding light; and the only thing that could be heard was the high pitch scream of Cathy and Mister as the spell was casted.
Back to top Go down
https://roleplayingismagic.rpg-board.net
Novel Shine
Admin
Novel Shine

A New Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Tale   A New Tale EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Chapter 1
Rain pelted on the Canterlot streets as a dark figure made her way though the empty streets. It was mid-morning but the terrible weather had kept all of the ponies indoor; other then for this one. She stomped across the ground, muttering toward the weather that had been ordered to cover the skies a few hours before. Her show had bee cancelled just because of some stupid rain. How dare they do that to her? How dare they do that to Trixie! 

The blue mare pulled her black robe closer to her as she stared down an ally way; a shiver going down her spine. She had to be here of all places; the place where she had made that stupid choice and had bought that amulet all those years ago. The single item that was going to let her crush her rival under her hoof; but had backfired on her. She let out a snort; pulling an apple from under her robe. What a stupid choice that had been; but Trixie was no longer that mare. She was a better one; at doing shows and at making choices.

She floated the apple infront of her gaze for a few seconds; sighing. That had been a stupid choice hadn't it? She had wasted all of her bits on it; and after leaving Ponyville had been broke. At least she hadn't had to go back to the stupid rock farm; she had been able to make a living off of doing shows in the streets; and just now about ten years later her jobs were booming again. But for what? Her 'rival', Twilight Sparkle was a princess now. Princess of Magic no less. And what was Trixie? A simple show pony. "Trixie will show her; Trixie is the best at magic; but Trixie shall not do anything...rash...this time."

A suddenly small whine at her left caused Trixie to jump and drop her apple. The red fruit rolled across the ground and into the faint shadows of an ally way. The magic mare let out a sigh, glaring at the now dirty fruit. She turned her head away; almost missing the blue eyes that suddenly appeared in the shadows that laid just beyond the fruit. A cat paw reached from it and prodded the fruit; making Trixie turn her head back to face the paw and watch it with interest. The paw was a light silver with black markings on it; but it was also larger then a normal cat would be...

Trixie poked at the fruit with her magic; making it roll across the ground and away from the shadows; hoping to make what was hiding in it come out. Suddenly; a brown blurr shot from the shadows and tackled the apple only to over shoot it and roll into Trixie; sending them both to the muddy ground with a gasp. 

The blue unicorn pulled herself to her hooves with a gasp; shaking the mud from her fur. No, no, no! She had a show tomorrow; she couldn't get mud in her mane! She however paused when she saw the young face of a filly looking up at her; surprise flicking in the filly's blue eyes. However; at least Trixie figured she was a filly.

Before her laid what sure looked like one; being the same size and having the face of one but that was pretty much were it stopped. The filly's main fur was a light brown; and while her right front hoof was well; a hoof, where her left front hoof should of been was a grey tabby paw. Her whole back side belonged to a cat as her silver paw twitched in the mud. Even her ears had a bit of cat in them; both being shaped like one but her left ear tip was grey with black markings; while her whole right one was covered. The small...thing smiled softly, showing off her two small fangs. "H-Hello," she whispered quietly, waving her only real hoof.

Trixie swallowed; her gaze wide as she stared at the filly before her. What...What was this thing? She wasn't sure; but she was going to get answers. "Trixie doesn't not mean to sound rude...but what are you? What is your name? Trixie has never seen one of you before in her life."

The small half pony, half cat thing frowned; sighing sadly as the rain fell on her. "M-My name is Cathy," it whispered softly; flickering her tail. "I-I'm not sure what I am really. I mean; I-I was a pony til daddy casted a spell on me, then I guess I mixed with my c-cat Mister, and now I look like this. H-He left me here saying he would be back; but that was a few nights ago...And...I'm hungry..."

Trixie frowned as she watched the young filly...kitten, whatever paw sadly at the apple next to her. She figured that the filly's father would be back soon; after all nobody would heartlessly abandoned a filly so young...would they? She turned, swallowing. There wasn't much she would be able to do; that apple that Cathy was pawing at had been her last one, and she didn't know how to take care of a filly. Besides; Tixie couldn't let her image be ruined by taking in whatever Caty was now..." Trixie hopes that your father returns soon. Now if you don't mind, Trixie should be getting home." She started to take a few steps away when thunder rumbled in the sky and she felt something wrap itself around her back hoof. 

The blue mare turned her head to find a trembling Cathy hugging her paw; her blue eyes wide as she stared at Trixie; her cat tail fluffed up. "P-Please don't leave me alone out here in this storm; Miss...Miss Trixie! I-I don't like thunder at all..." 

Trixie titled her head, trying to think of something to say. She couldn't just leave this young filly out here if she was that scared; she wasn't that heartless. She sighed; shaking her head. The filly's father wasn't returning anyways; she might as well take care of her. "F-Fine, Trixie will allow you to tag along; but you must be quite and not get in Trixie's way, got that!"

Cathy nodded her head quickly and let go of Trixie's hoof as the mare started to walk again. The young pony/cat hybrid glance at the stormy sky before turning and racing after the magic mare, her tail still puffed out in fear. At least she had somewhere to stay until this storm blew over.
Back to top Go down
https://roleplayingismagic.rpg-board.net

A New Tale
Page 1 of 1